Your wedding will be one of the most important events in your life. As well as a display of your commitment to each other and the love that you share, you will want it to be unique, special and fun.
From the moment we make contact, I will endeavour to meet all of the needs you require. I will help you to create a wonderful and memorable ceremony which will display the happiness you have for each other and focus on you as a couple who are taking a tremendous step in life and for your future together.
My job is to not only fulfil the legal requirements of a marriage in Australia but to take away any stress of your ceremony through careful planning and providing a relaxed and harmonious ceremony.
My role as your Celebrant includes:
Meeting with you at a convenient location and time to discuss your wishes and desires for your ceremony and complete the required paperwork. This may include up to two meetings to do this.
Completing your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
Providing an advice pamphlet on relationships and counselling (Government issued) as well as local contacts if required.
Advice and assistance on all aspects of the ceremony including readings, vows, blessings, traditions, customs, music, layout. A Wedding Information booklet can be lent for your browsing and to assist you with these components of the wedding.
A wedding rehearsal, if required, at either your ceremony location or your home.
Provision of a PA system which includes wireless microphones and access to a CD player, IPod dock or USB for music.
Conducting of your Ceremony
Presentation of your Certificate of Marriage at completion of your ceremony
A personalised Wedding Booklet as a keepsake of your wedding ceremony
Lodgement of all paperwork with the Victorian Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
These are requirements, by law, that are necessary for a marriage to take place:
1. Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) : This form is completed prior to the marriage. It needs to be completed at least one month and no more than 18 months prior to your wedding.
2. Birth Certificate/Passport: Your celebrant will require an original of your Birth Certificate or Passport to complete the NOIM. See my 'links' page for additional information.
3. A Divorce Certificate: if applicable
4. Witnesses: You will need two witnesses over the age of 18 years to witness your marriage and sign the wedding documents.
5. Legal words: There are certain words both the bride and groom need to recite, and the Celebrant is required to say the Monitum in order to make a marriage legal.