Frequently Asked Questions...


What are the fees?


Fees vary from celebrant to celebrant but be aware that professional celebrants will put quite an amount of work into your ceremony and will require you to pay them accordingly.

All inclusive fee: $800

My fee includes unlimited consultations (usually 2-3), a wedding rehearsal (if required) , email and phone correspondence, preparation and lodging of all official documentation, a commemorative Certificate of Marriage and personalised booklet with your ceremony details and words and, of course, performing the official Marriage Ceremony.

Please note additional travel costs may be required for ceremonies outside of Melbourne.

I am able to arrange and play your Ceremony music at an additional cost of $100. This provides an additional person to operate the music at the ceremony as I am unable to personally do this. The additional music fee is well worth it as it provides less stress and organisation on your part and confidence knowing that such an important part of the ceremony is taken care of. 

Legals only Ceremony: $500

This is based on a short, prewritten script, legal vows, two witnesses and travel within Melbourne.

For a Baby Naming Ceremony, Commitment Ceremony or Renewal of Vows please contact me for costs.


Who files the paperwork?


All official documentation is finalised and posted to the office of Births, Deaths and Marriages by me within 14 days of the marriage ceremony.


What documents do I need to be able to marry?


There are several documents that may be required depending on your particular situation. You are required to present for sighting your original Birth Cetificate or valid Passport. You might also required to present photo ID as requested by the celebrant. If you have been married before, you will need to provide your Celebrant with either the Divorce or Death Notices.


How long is a wedding ceremony?


It varies, but generally between 20-30 minutes. Longer ceremonies are better suited to seated indoor locations, while a concise ceremony may take away from the dignity of the occasion.


I have lost my documentation ... what should I do ?


For Birth Certificates, locate in the state where you were born. In Victoria, at 595 Collins Street, Melbourne
Tel: 1300 363 367,  or via the net (see web-link on Contact page)

For Divorce Certificates, apply to the Family Court or to any Family Law Registry or


How do I sign the register?


Your normal - maiden name or if divorced or widowed, previous married name signature is required for the bride.  Signatures on all documents must match. 


As I come from overseas, can I have cultural aspects built into my ceremony?


You most certainly can. The Marriage Act is specific about the necessary content that is required to be included in your ceremony and provided that they are in your ceremony all other content is open to your specific requirements.